As everybody knows, the computer is playing a major role in today’s world. It is even worse in software companies. People at software industry cannot do anything without a computer. Generally, people work in a computer with a single monitor. Do you know that many people in a software company prefer dual monitor? Do you know why do they prefer a dual monitor?
Technology has improved the way people see things. Many people may think that they use it just for namesake and to acquire other’s attention. But, it is not so. Here is the reason why many software people prefer dual monitor.
- Programmers have to type in pages of code. When the codes run into pages, they feel comfortable to view the code on a single screen instead of scrolling through pages to get the glimpse of the code. So, when they connect another monitor to their PC, they will be able to view the code easily.
- Programming involves different phase. When one has another monitor connected to his or her PC, he will be able to write code in one monitor and can test it by running the code on another monitor.
- Latest monitors come with slim bezels; some monitors even have no bezels. So, when two different monitors are placed together, it appears as a single screen for the person who views it. It appears as if one has a single very big screen in front of him.
- Programmers had to work on multiple applications at the same time. With the help of dual monitor technology, one can run two different applications comfortably.
- At times, everybody needs to refer to one or the other thing. Instead of toggling between multiple windows continuously, reference document can be kept in a monitor and the main work can be dealt with the other one.
Another interesting fact is that not everyone prefers dual monitors; some may prefer three, four and so on.